Searching for a hearty, simple-to-prepare and quick-to-the-table dish that is perfectly suited to cod or striper fillets? If your cooking skills are limited and you are not fond of spending an hour or more prepping, this dish is for you. From the time you get home from work to the dinner table is little more than hour. It's become a favorite in our household, in part due to its appeal to those not so crazy about fish dinners, but who make an exception for this one. Canned or frozen vegetables speed the process, but if you're so inclined, by all means go with the fresh stuff.
- 3 pounds of cod or bass fillet cut into 2x2-inch chunks.
- 24-ounce jar of Francesco Rinaldi Hearty Mushroom, Pepper and Onion or Chunky Tomato, Garlic and Onion Sauce.
- Two 15-ounce cans whole white potatoes (halved).
- One 15-ounce can of whole green beans.
- One can small black pitted olives.
- Parsley (fresh if available)
- Italian seasoning
Note: If fresh potatoes and green beans are used, parboil before adding to fish.
Coat bottom of 4-quart baking dish with thin layer of sauce. Place chunks of fish, potatoes, olives and green beans in dish. Cover thoroughly with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and Italian seasoning. Mix contents of baking dish and top off with layer of sauce. Bake at 400 with cover on for 20 to 25 minutes. Bake for another 20 to 25 minutes with lid off to burn off some liquid. Should have a stew-like quality when finished. Serve with a fresh loaf of bakery Italian Bread and glass of light red Chianti or Pinot Noir.