Help Wanted - Graphic Designer
Leading regional sport fishing magazine, The Fisherman located in Shirley NY is now hiring a full time Graphic Designer. Be a part of our team whose focus is layout, production and design of our weekly magazines as well as advertisements and other creative projects. Interact with editorial advertising staff. The ideal candidate has 3+ years experience working with a publication as a Graphic Designer.
•Fluent with InDesign CS4, Photoshop CS4, Illustrator CS4 and Acrobat on a PC.
• A keen eye for design and balance
• Solid understanding of typography, layout and color
• Knowledge of style sheets, master pages, photo manipulation and color correction
• Comfortable using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
• Work with deadlines
• A self-starter who doesn't require alot of supervision
• Experience in magazine and/or book layouts using InDesign, and exposure to print and digital publishing
* Knowledge of Cold Fusion is a plus
Expert knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is required. Knowledge of website design (HTML, CSS, ect.) is a major plus.
Equal Opportunity Employee.
Send Resumes to:
CC: MCaruso@thefisherman.com (Mike)