NO ENTRY FEE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST.
1. Sponsor: Fishmedia Corp., DBA The Fisherman Magazine, 14 Ramsey Rd, Shirley, NY 11967 (the "Sponsor").
2. Eligibility: The Fisherman's 2016 Dream Boat Fishing Challenge ("Contest") is open to legal residents of the United States who at time of entry are: (1) paid subscribers of Fisherman Magazine, (2) who are 18 years or older at time of entry, and (3) who physically reside in one of the following eligible states of: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island (referred to hereafter as "contestant"). Void in any U.S. State not mentioned previously and where prohibited by law. Entry is limited to the named Fisherman Magazine subscribers only, and does not apply to the entire household. Employees of Sponsor, Maverick Boat Company, Dream Boat Fishing Challenge promoters, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (all collectively, "Contest Entities"), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each of the foregoing are not eligible to enter or win. Contest is only open to subscribers not currently employed in the fishing industry and those with complimentary/trial subscriptions are not eligible to enter or win. For the purpose of these Official Rules, "fishing industry" is defined as any commercial fishing professional such as a charter/party/commercial boat captain or employee, tackle shop owners and employees, fishing guides, marina owners and employees, outdoor writers, retail boat sales employees. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Contest Entry Period: The Contest entry period begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on April 15, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 30, 2016 (the "Entry Period").
4. Entry Requirements: To qualify in the Contest, any fish caught and entered in this Contest, must be caught by the contestant in a sporting manner on rod and reel only and caught within an eligible U.S. state as mentioned above. Only the following eight (8) fish species and its minimum weight requirement, and King Salmon [total nine (9) fish species] are eligible to be judged: Blackfish, 7 pounds; Bluefish, 15 pounds; Fluke, 7 pounds; King Salmon, 20 pounds; Mahi Mahi, 10 pounds; Porgy/Scup, 2 pounds; Black Sea Bass, 4 pounds; Weakfish, 5 pounds; and Yellowfin Tuna, 50 pounds. Each contestant must follow all local, state and federal recreational fishing regulations and the fish must be caught within the official season time for the species per each eligible state's regulations/guidelines. The fish must be weighed and measured (length and girth) at a participating tackle shop which is an official Fisherman weigh-in station. The fish weight and measurement must be filled-in on an official entry form, signed and dated, by the tackle shop authorized personnel. Official entry forms can be found at participating tackle shops or a copy can be downloaded by visiting www.TheFisherman.com ("Website"). Participating tackle shop locations will be published in The Fisherman Magazine and on the Website.
5. How to Enter: Contestant must submit a completed and signed official entry form to the Sponsor within 10 days of weigh-in, along with a copy of the Fisherman Magazine subscription mailing label (if available), and a photo of the contestant and the caught fish (collectively referred to herein as "Entry"). Incomplete submissions will not qualify for judging and will be void. Contestants may submit as many Entries as they wish as long as each Entry is not a duplicate of a previously submitted Entry. Entries can be submitted via email or mail. Email submission to: email@example.com. The photo file name should be the same as the contestant's full name. Email Entries received in a given month will be entered into that month's Fish of the Month competition, and will automatically be entered in the overall Contest. Mail-in submission to: Dream Boat Fishing Challenge, 14 Ramsey Rd, Shirley, NY 11967. The photo can be on a compact disc or photo paper. Mail-in Entries postmarked in a given month and received no later than 10 days the following month will be entered in the postmarked month for the Fish of the Month competition, and will automatically be entered in the overall Contest.
The photo may contain other parties; however, it is the contestants sole responsibility to first obtain permission in writing from the other parties prior to submitting the photo in his/her Entry. In addition, contestant must have the approval and rights to use any photo that he/she did not create or copyrighted materials owned by others (example: get approval from the photographer who took the photo, etc.).
The Sponsor may publish some of the Entries in The Fisherman Magazine and/or on its Website. Each contestant agrees the Sponsor has no obligation to post or publish his/her Entry and that the posting or publication of an Entry has no bearing on winner determination. There is no prize awarded or compensation for the possible posting or publication of a contestant's name and/or Entry.
Contestants grant the Sponsor the perpetual and royalty-free copyright license to publish (in whole or in part), post, edit, reproduce, promote, at any time in the future and otherwise use the Entries, along with contestant's name and likeness, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation.
No responsibility is assumed for lost, postage due, damaged, illegible, corrupted, incomplete, undeliverable, misdirected or late Entry. By participating in this Contest, each contestant agrees to fish at his/her own risk, weigh the fish at his/her own expense, and submission of an Entry constitutes his/her acceptance of these Official Rules. The Contest Entities assume no liability for personal injuries, damages or negligence on the part of anyone who elects to enter the Contest. All Entries become Sponsor's property and will not be returned or acknowledged.
6. Winners determination:
- At the conclusion of the Contest, the First to Fourth prize winners, plus the Largest of Species and Finalist prize winners will be determined from Entries submitted for these eight (8) fish species: Blackfish, Bluefish, Fluke, Mahi Mahi, Porgy/Scup, Black Sea Bass, Weakfish, and Yellowfin Tuna. King Salmon Entries are eligible for the King Salmon prize only.
One (1) First Prize winner: The contestant who has the heaviest fish in all eight (8) fish species will win the First Prize. In the event no contestant meets such requirement, the First Prize will be awarded to contestant who earns the most points. Points will be awarded to the top ten (10) Entries with the heaviest fish in each species: 10 points to the heaviest fish, 9 points to the 2nd heaviest fish, 8 points to the 3rd heaviest fish, 7 points to the 4th heaviest fish, 6 points to the 5th heaviest fish, 5 points to the 6th heaviest fish, 4 points to the 7th heaviest fish, 3 points to the 8th heaviest fish, 2 points to the 9th heaviest fish, and 1 point to the 10th heaviest fish.
One (1) Second Prize winner: The contestant who earns the second highest points will win the Second Prize.
One (1) Third Prize winner: The contestant who earns the third highest points will win a Third Prize.
One (1) Fourth Prize winner: The contestant who earns the fourth highest points will win a Fourth Prize.
Eight (8) Largest of Species Prize winners: The Entries with the heaviest fish in each species will win a Largest of Species Prize.
Eighty (80) Finalist Prize winners: The top ten (10) Entries with the heaviest fish in each fish species will receive a Finalist Prize.
- One (1) King Salmon Prize winner: At the conclusion of the Contest, the Entry with the heaviest King Salmon fish will receive the King Salmon Prize.
- Seven (7) Fish Of The Month Prize winners [one (1) prize per month]: The Entry with the heaviest fish of the month for the following fish species will win a Fish of the Month Prize respectively: May-Porgy/Scup; June-Fluke; July-Yellowfin Tuna; August-Mahi Mahi; September-Bluefish; October-Black Sea Bass; November-Blackfish.
7. Judging: In the event of a tie for any of the above prizes, the contestant whose Entry was weighed-in, signed and dated (by the tackle shop authorized personnel) first will be declared the winner. In the event of a further tie, winner will be determined based on the length of the fish. In the event of a further tie, winner will be determined based on the girth of the fish. All Entries will be judged by a panel of judges consisting of personnel from the Sponsor (the "Judging Panel"). Decisions of the Judging Panel are final and binding. All Entries are subject to verification and the Judging Panel reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor is under no obligation to disclose why an Entry has been disqualified other than the Entry was ineligible under these Official Rules. Furthermore, the Sponsor reserves the right to not award any prize if it does not receive a sufficient number of qualified Entries for a given fish species. Any previous First Prize winner of the Fisherman's Dream Boat Fishing Challenge shall be ineligible to win the First Prize in this Contest, but will be eligible to win the other prizes.
8. Prizes and their approximate retail values ("ARV"): One (1) First Prize: A Cobia 201CC boat with Yamaha 150 HP Outboard Motor (manufacturer suggested retail price: $48,424.00); a Furuno GPS Plotter/Sounder Model GP1670F (ARV: $695.00); a Weego Heavy Duty Jump Starter Battery+ (ARV: $129.99); and a fish mount from Global Fish Mounts of one the fish entered (ARV: $550.00). Total ARV of First Prize: $49,798.99.
Winner is responsible for any expenses and costs in connection with the First Prize not expressly described herein: (i) sales tax payable to dealership; (ii) insurance, licensing, title, and registration fees; (iii) any travel/shipping costs associated with transportation to and from winner's residence and dealership. First Prize winner must take delivery of the prize from dealer available stock at a dealership designated by Sponsor within 90 days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in delivery of the prize. If the prize is not picked-up or winner fails to provide the required documentation within 90 days of notification, First Prize winner shall forfeit the prize. All additional options and upgrades will be the sole responsibility and expense of winner.
One (1) Second Prize: A 3-night stay for winner and one guest at the Zancudo Lodge, Costa Rica (ARV: $6,400.00). It consists of one standard double occupancy accommodation, standard meals and fishing. Air transportation, fishing license, fees, taxes, phone calls, and any other incidental expenses are not included and are the winner's responsibility. The stay must be taken by November 2017. Winner and his/her guest are responsible for obtaining all proper travel documentation (e.g., valid passport, travel insurance) prior to travel. Sponsor shall in no way be responsible or liable in the event the winner and guest fail to utilize the prize due to a lack of the necessary travel documents or requirements. Guest must complete and return a Liability/Publicity Release prior to travel. If guest is a minor, winner must be the guest's parent who must execute the required travel documents on behalf of a traveling minor. Blackout dates, advance booking and restrictions may apply.
One (1) Third Prize: Winner will receive one Okuma Azores 55, Model Z-55S Reel (ARV: $119.99); one St. Croix Tidemaster® TIS70MHM Rod (ARV: $160.00); and one Weego Heavy Duty Jump Starter Battery+ (ARV: $129.99). Total ARV of Third Prize: $409.98.
One (1) Fourth Prize: Winner will receive one pair of Costa Del Mar Sunglasses (ARV: $289.00); and one Weego Heavy Duty Jump Starter Battery+ (ARV: $129.99). Total ARV of Fourth Prize: $418.99.
Eight (8) Largest of Species Prizes: Each winner will receive one Okuma Azores 55, Model Z-55S Reel (ARV: $119.99); one St. Croix Tidemaster® TIS70MHM Rod (ARV: $160.00); a fish mount from Global Fish Mounts of the fish entered (ARV: $550.00); one Atoms, Striper Swiper Lure (ARV: $10.99); one Acme Kastmaster Lure (ARV: $10.50); and one 1-year membership to Fishtrack.com (ARV: $79.99) and Bouyweather.com. (ARV: $79.99). Total ARV of each Largest of Species Prize: $1,011.46. Membership subscription to Fishtrack.com and Bouyweather.com are subject to its Terms of Service. If winner is already a member, winner's account will be credited for one year membership.
Eighty (80) Finalist Prizes: Each winner will receive one Tsunami Sand Eel Lure (ARV: $6.19); one Spool of Maxima Fishing Line (ARV: $16.99); one Package of Owner America Hooks (ARV: $14.99). Total ARV of each Finalist Prize: $38.17.
One (1) King Salmon Prize: Winner will receive one Sea Eagle Explorer 300x Kayak (ARV: $999.00).
Seven (7) Fish Of The Month Prizes: Each winner will receive one pair of Costa Del Mar Sunglasses (ARV: $289.00 each).
Total ARV of all prizes: $$71,195.24. The ARV of these prizes are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Any difference between the stated ARV of any of the prizes and the actual value will not be awarded.
Selection of prize item, size, color and model will be at Sponsor's sole discretion. All winners acknowledge that the Sponsor and its agents do not make, nor are responsible for, any warranty, quality, conditions, merchantability of any aspect of any prize except that such prize shall be subject to manufacturer's standard warranty to the extent offered. Upon delivery of any prize to each winner, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize and each winner assumes full responsibility for the prize.
9. Winner notification: All potential prize winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone and will be required to respond to the notification within five business days. At Sponsor's sole discretion, potential winners also will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability/Publicity Release ("Affidavit") within 10 days of date specified on prize notification. First Prize potential winner must agree to a background check and/or a polygraph test at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize forfeiture and the selection of an alternate prize winner may result from any of the following: i) an Affidavit or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable; ii) the Affidavit is not returned within the date specified on notification; iii) a prize winner is otherwise found to be ineligible; iv) prize winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, including a negative background check and/or polygraph test result; and v) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of any prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to the corresponding next highest scored Entry. No substitutions, cash redemption or transfer of prizes permitted. If prize is not available, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of comparable value. If winner is not able to accept any portion of the prize due to any reasons, he/she will not receive an alternate prize. Winners of prize valued at $600 or more will be required to furnish his/her Social Security number and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of the winner for the value of the prize. All federal and state taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of each winner.
10. Consent and Release: Entry and acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor (except where prohibited by law) to use each winner's name, prize won, hometown, tasks and likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation, permission or notification. Contestants agree to release the Contest Entities, and their respective parent companies, affiliates and all other businesses involved in this Contest, from all claims and liability relating to their participation, and assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by redemption or use/misuse of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for the accuracy of the measuring devices used to weigh, or measure length and girth of fish entered.
In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, equipment failure, or other cause not within Sponsor's control, Sponsor shall suspend or terminate the Contest. This Contest shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. By participating, contestants agree that any and all disputes arising out of or relating in any way to this Contest shall be litigated only in courts sitting in New York, U.S.A.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant or ownership of or rights to the Entry, the Sponsor may: i) disqualify the Entry; and/or ii) request entrant to provide proof that he/she submitted the Entry to the satisfaction of the Sponsor. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered will be disqualified. Any Entry that contains a fish that has been illegally caught in a manner contravenes with these Official Rules will be disqualified in the Sponsor's sole discretion. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) human error, theft or unauthorized access to entry materials; ii) technical malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of entry information; (iii) any damage to contestant's device resulting from participation in the Contest; or (iv) the failure of any third party to comply with the instructions and proper administration of this Contest. Any attempt by an individual, whether or not a contestant, to deliberately interfere with the operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages against any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Winner's List: For the names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by December 31, 2016 to: The Fisherman 2016 Dream Boat Fishing Challenge Contest Winners, 14 Ramsey Rd, Shirley, NY 11967.