Just days after the start of Spring, the 2023 Connecticut Fishing & Outdoor Show will open at the Mohegan Sun Earth Expo & Convention Center in Uncasville, Conn. The event begins on Friday, March 24 at 1 p.m., and runs through Sunday, March 26. Dates/Hours: Friday, March 24 from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, March 25 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday, March 26 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Discounted admission tickets are on sale now at www.CTFishingOutdoorShow: $12 for Adults; Free Tickets for Kids under Age 12.
“This annual three-day show showcases a wide variety of outdoor activities including freshwater and saltwater fishing, hunting, kayaking, paddle boards, safaris, hunting dog training, and more,” explains Kristie Gonsalves, Producer of the Connecticut Fishing & Outdoor Show at Mohegan Sun. Gonsalves is the President of North East Expos, Inc., a Past President of the National Association of Consumer Show Producers, and the Producer of the successful Connecticut Flower & Garden Show in Hartford.
“This great family event is designed for longtime fishing and outdoor enthusiasts, as well as anyone who wants to learn more about angling and other kinds of outdoor adventure,” adds Gonsalves.
►More than 200 booths, including over 125 exhibitors selling latest fishing, hunting and outdoor equipment, and fishing boats.
►Daily Expert Speakers and Demonstrations are all Free with Admission. They include:
- Alberto Knie (a/k/a “Crazy Alberto”), World-Class Extreme Trophy Game and Conservation Fish Hunter.
- Capt. Brian Coombs, New England Fisherman and Charter Boat Captain.
- Bobby Uhrig, Professional Fisherman and Master Lure Designer.
- Gerry Rightmyer & Steve Schicker, Hunters and Hosts of the “Forever Wild Outdoors” on the Wild TV.
- Sheron K. Brown (a/k/a “The Lunkerman”), Professional Tournament Angler/Guide.
- Capt. Mark Vining of Boat Safe Connecticut.
- Matt Wettish, Turkey Hunter/Champion Caller.
- Capt. Joe Diorio, Saltwater Fishing Guide.
- Bryan Mayo, 7-time Rhode Island B.A.S.S Nation State Team and 2021 State Club Champion.
- Dave Parrish, Waterfowl Hunter.
- Capt. Ian Devlin, Connecticut Fly Angler.
- Dan Welby, Fisherman and Fuse Bait Designer.
- Al Gag, Fisherman and Custom Lure Designer.
- Saturday Only: East End Eddie Doherty, Massachusetts Surfcasting Guide.
►Fly Casting demos by experts in two locations: atop a 5,000-gallon Hawg Trough Live Fish Tank and on the show’s fly cast pond.
►Tips on “How to Start a Puppy” and “Dog Steadiness” by Jeremy Cormier of V3 Gun Dogs.
►Animal Adventures Family Zoo & Rescue Center bringing: alligator, porcupine, Burmese python snake, skunk, owl, bunny, turtles, and tortoise. Presentations: Friday 3 p.m.; Saturday/Sunday 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.; Exhibit times: Friday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday/Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
►Kayak Fishing Demonstrations from Three Belles Outfitters and New England Dive.
►Fly-Tying by Experts including Fred Wilson, Leslie Wrixon and Mike Stewart.
►How to Use Inflatable Life Jackets by the U.S. Coast Guard.
►Meet & Schedule Tours with Charter Boat Fishing Captains, Hunting Outfitters, Outdoor Adventure and Safari Promoters. CT Dept. of Energy & Environmental & Protection’s (DEEP) latest rules and regulations, and displays on state’s wildlife, fisheries, boating, hunting and parks.
►Hands-On Activities include: BlackHawk virtual fishing fighting chair simulator, and a
Laser Shot Range from the CT Dept. of Energy & Environmental & Protection (DEEP).
ADMISSION for the Show:
Discounted online tickets on sale now: $12 for Adults. Free Tickets for Kids under Age 12 at www.CTFishingOutdoorShow. These tickets can be purchased online any time until the show ends.
At the Door: $15 Adults. Free for Children Under Age 12.
Show sponsors include The Fisherman Magazine, LeafFilter, Momentum Solar, WFSB Channel 3, 97.7 WCTY Eastern CT’s Country station, Renewal By Anderson, and North East Expos, Inc.
FOR SHOW INFO AND SCHEDULE, visit www.CTFishingOutdoorShow or their Facebook page.