In these days of social distancing, here’s how to try the ultimate sport for false albacore and bonito.
As it is with so many things in life, surf fishing success can be determined by the smallest of details.
As we settle into the hot, summer months, so do hefty ocean fluke situate themselves in the 60- to 100-foot depths, especially south of Montauk and eastward beyond Block Island.
2020 has been a strange year.
If you wait until the 9th month for the ‘Fall Run’ to begin you might just miss some of the best fishing of the season.
It was an overcast, rainy day on Long Island when my brother Kyle, my friend Ricky Hutter and I set out to capture a beast.
You don’t have to swim to appreciate the many benefits afforded by a wetsuit.
Our inshore and offshore waters come alive during late summer with a variety of transient gamefish.
New technology continues to change the way we approach fishing for different species, including the humble but tenacious porgy.
A far cry from traditional surf fishing hotspots, these areas offer some very good opportunities not far from home.
There are currently three 46-inch jumbo stripers swimming around somewhere in the North Atlantic with MiniPSAT devices affixed to their shoulders.
Swim it or pop it; either way, the new Yo-Zuri Mag Popper is sure to be a hit!
If the last two summers are a developing pattern, this month should be a good one.
Northeast anglers may want to take a page from their Southern brethren when it comes to targeting daytime swords.
In This Issue:
- Albie Challenge: Sup Speedsters
- Summer Surf: Stay Stealthy My Friend
- Jumbos Of The Deep: Fluke Off ‘The End’
- Night Moves: Minnie Mouse Trout
- Early Action: Peanut Bunker Explosion
- Tale End: Monster Of The Lake
- Wetsuits In The Surf: No Swimming Required
- Summertime Potpourri
- Porgies On Artificials: A New Take On An Old Classic
- Shorebound: Fish Are Where You Find Them
- Mission Montauk: Sat tag #3 is deployed!
- Product Spotlight: Yo-Zuri Mag Popper
- Minefield Mahi: Targeting Nearshore Dolphin
- North Meets South: A Daytime Sword Fight