Fishing Reports By Area
When the wind shifts to the north, and the sun goes down at 4:30, these boat designs provide the protection you need to keep on fishing.
How to make sure the dinner bell is heard loud and clear in swifter currents.
How a little underwater surveillance can change one’s strategic focus on whitechins.
A standard from the traditional striper man’s playbook, the tube and worm is an effective tactic throughout the seasons.
A look at the pending recreational shark fishing measures in federal waters effective January 2018.
The season is upon us for your shot at a trophy northern in the Nutmeg State.
Wachusett Reservoir offers a unique opportunity for the late-season freshwater fisherman.
Nuclear action heats up with albies, blues and bass in the fall.
It’s tough to beat a live eel when big stripers are on your itinerary.
An unconventional look at seeking out behemoth bluefish in the surf this fall.
I had the chance to jump aboard Steiger Craft’s next-gen 255DV Chesapeake a few weeks back, and you will definitely want to know more about this roomy, fuel-efficient sportfisher.
In This Issue:
- Three-Season Sportfishers
- Attracting Stripers: With Low-Down Chunking
- Blackfish Behavior: Tautog Observations & Insights
- Trophies on the Troll: Tube and Worm Tactics
- Be Prepared: New Shark Regulations for Federal Waters in 2018
- Piketoberfest in Connecticut
- Fall Lakers: Wachusett Reservoir Tactics
- Nuclear Fishing: Millstone Power Plant
- Kayak Stripers: Troll an Eel
- Choppers in the Surf: Big, Bad Blues
- Steiger Craft 255 DV Chesapeake
More In This Issue
They told me they wanted to fish an isolated location, away from the contested waters from Watch Hill to Long Island where access was either limited or non-existent.
Codfish, striped bass and sea bass all lend themselves nicely to this recipe.
As a former charter boat mate, we used to go through a lot of jigs, especially when employing bucktail jigs on three-way rigs when fishing ripsfor stripers.