Fishing Reports By Area
The large warm core eddy south of Block Canyon and east of Hudson Canyon is already providing some favorable offshore conditions for sharks and tuna.
A simple recipe that will make you glad that you brought a few birds home for the cleaning table.
When wind and tide conspire to sabotage your fluke catching efforts, trolling can help make things right.
Experience a glitch in your engine’s fuel supply system and you are going to have a very bad day.
Some sound advice on selecting the proper gear for your next kayak fishing trip.
Sometimes you have to “go big” or “go home” when it comes to plugging the surf at night for large striped bass.
Here are some ways to help improve your crew’s chances at hooking up with that tournament winning shark.
A quick look at back bay fluke tactics, the migration and the new science on summer flounder.
A look at the historic return of menhaden and the epic striper action those lively baits bring.
The 80-mile long Passaic River is a perfect place to begin a kayak fly fishing adventure.
Captains offer thoughts on the everchanging migrations of fluke, weakfish, bluefish and stripers.
A big Somers Point contest this month reminds us all of the seasonal joys of crabbing.
From bay to surf to just a bit outside, poppers are tops for getting bunker hungry stripers to strike.
In This Issue:
- Northeast Region: Early Season Offshore Forecast
- Sea Robin Salad: Weigh ‘em & Eat ‘em
- Troll for Fluke: A Recipe for Summer Success
- Boat Sense: Fuel System Maintenance Tips
- The Proper Packout: Choose Wisely
- The Night Shift: Big Plugs for Bigger Stripers
- Shark Science: Increase Your Tournament Odds
- X’s & O’s: Fluke Strategy, Science & Sex
- Got Bunker? Live Bait & Monster Bass
- Passaic River Pike: NJ Northerns on the Fly
- Changing Migrations: Tracking Grand Slammers
- Summer Traditions: Love Those Blue Claws!
- Poppin’ for June Stripers
More In This Issue
My friend called me about two hours into the Ocean City fishing flea market on April 14; the bite was on, but 95 miles to the north of where I was working.
The Sea Hunt 255 SE is the new flagship of their growing Ultra fleet and is one of the most comfortable fishing boats in her class.
Dream Boat contestants have something to look forward to for this season’s event.
From shallow-water back bays to the crashing surf to offshore pursuits, stickbaits are a staple plug in the arsenal of a wide range of saltwater anglers.