Fishing Reports By Area
Fluke fishing the deep along the Raritan and NY Bight may require an adaptive approach.
A sheepish southern staple, our summer wanderers are consistently large and in charge.
Creative trolling could pay big dividends in your lake efforts this summer.
If you’re looking to bend a rod in the wash this month, get on the chunk.
The early part of the summer is prime time for floundering about out back.
Landmark Northeast Striped Bass Study by Gray FishTag Research, Navionics & The Fisherman kicks off.
The Steiger Craft 23 DV (deep vee) Miami is one of the most versatile fishing and family boats in this Bellport, Long Island builder’s fleet.
Getting your crew involved in as many aspects of fishing as possible will enhance the team experience and the overall feeling of success for everyone.
Proper care will help catch you more fluke and save a couple bucks in the process.
When it comes to bringing a few steaks home, size does matter!
There is nothing quite as tempting a fresh cut bait, however that is not always available.
In essence what American anglers are doing is conserving our resource so that other countries can catch more of them.
While diamond jigs are great for picking bull sea bass from deep water, go with bait to take home an easy limit of keepers.
“Scientific evidence and what fishermen in our states are seeing on the water tell us that bold action to protect striped bass is long overdue.”
A little commotion goes a long way in achieving big game success.
With a large portion of striped bass “harvest” attributed to dead discards, steps can be taken to lessen your impact without impeding success.
In This Issue:
- Tale of Two Seasons: Fluke Fishing the New York Bight
- Sheepshead: Nomads of the North
- Fresh Focus: Creative “Multi-Species” Trolling
- Beach Baits: Chunk It Up, Surfstyle
- A Southern Approach: Back Bay Summer Flounder
- Sat Tags Deployed! Liberty, Freedom & Hope
- Boat Review: Steiger Craft 23 DV Miami
- Offshore: Truly a Team Sport
- Frugal Fluking: Maximize Your Baits
- Shark Time: Strategies for Monster Makos
- The Art of Chunking
- Inside the New Mako Regulations
- Sea Bass 101: Bait ‘em Up!
- Striped Bass Update: The Regulations Saga Continues
- Offshore Prep: Keep Up on the Tuna Troll
- Reducing Mortality: A Case for One