Fishing Reports By Area
Imperatives that will get you stripers when fly fishing the Striper Coast.
Cast, troll, chunk or free-line a live mackerel to a cow bass this year!
A different approach to working lily pads for heavily-pressured bass.
With black sea bass, scup, striped bass and bluefish prevalent throughout the Bay, now is the time to get in on the action.
Landmark Northeast Striped Bass Study by Gray FishTag Research, Navionics & The Fisherman kicks off.
The Steiger Craft 23 DV (deep vee) Miami is one of the most versatile fishing and family boats in this Bellport, Long Island builder’s fleet.
Getting your crew involved in as many aspects of fishing as possible will enhance the team experience and the overall feeling of success for everyone.
Proper care will help catch you more fluke and save a couple bucks in the process.
When it comes to bringing a few steaks home, size does matter!
There is nothing quite as tempting a fresh cut bait, however that is not always available.
In essence what American anglers are doing is conserving our resource so that other countries can catch more of them.
While diamond jigs are great for picking bull sea bass from deep water, go with bait to take home an easy limit of keepers.
“Scientific evidence and what fishermen in our states are seeing on the water tell us that bold action to protect striped bass is long overdue.”
A little commotion goes a long way in achieving big game success.
With a large portion of striped bass “harvest” attributed to dead discards, steps can be taken to lessen your impact without impeding success.
In This Issue:
- The Long Rod: Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
- Live Bait: The Mack Daddy
- Bucketmouth Bassin’: Plastics in the Pads
- Mixed-bag Bonanza: Buzzards Bay Bounty
- Sat Tags Deployed! Liberty, Freedom & Hope
- Boat Review: Steiger Craft 23 DV Miami
- Offshore: Truly a Team Sport
- Frugal Fluking: Maximize Your Baits
- Shark Time: Strategies for Monster Makos
- The Art of Chunking
- Inside the New Mako Regulations
- Sea Bass 101: Bait ‘em Up!
- Striped Bass Update: The Regulations Saga Continues
- Offshore Prep: Keep Up on the Tuna Troll
- Reducing Mortality: A Case for One