One of the most effective tactics to catching surf stripers this summer lies just beneath the sand.
Tune up for fall blackfish by pulling on a few triggers.
When time is of the essence, planning and plotting becomes essential.
Mahi are one of the most exhilarating pelagics to catch using fly fishing gear.
Until you know what fish find to their liking on any given day, a mixed spread is the best way to find the hot color and size.
The new 44ST reminds me of their popular 39ST, but like a supersized version on steroids.
Take advantage of the latest electronic systems to broaden your options when making that long run to and from the Edge.
The Spanish word for beautiful – bonito. In the Northeast, it also means opportunity.
As sea bass season enters its later stages, a change of tactics is required to stay on top of the action.
Focusing your efforts in the ocean during August and September can make that dream of a double digit doormat a reality.
The end of summer brings a new season and a reward for those of us who have been patiently waiting for the first slice of silver through the waves.
They are readily available and with proper rigging techniques are deadly on tuna.
In This Issue:
- Crunchy Munchies: Sand Crabs for Summer Stripers
- Triggerfish Fiesta: From the Jetties to the Reefs
- Calculating Success: Planning for Lunch Break Giants
- “Strong, Strong” Battling Mahi on the Fly!
- Offshore Tactics: Dragging a Mixed Spread
- Boat Review: Contender 44ST
- Day Tripping the Edge: Maximizing Your Opportunities
- Bullseye on Bonito: The Mini Pelagics
- Bangin’ Biscuits: Shift Gears for Sea Bass
- Late Summer Option: Go Deep for Fluke
- Surf Speed-O’s: Gearing-up for Albies
- Ballyhoo: Hot Bait for Tuna
More In This Issue
With 18 artificial reef sites deployed and maintained by the State of New Jersey, the Division of Fish and Wildlife decided on taking a calculated chance by constructing a new reef, not offshore like the rest of the Garden State’s artificial reefs, but number 19, the Delaware Bay Reef.
Over the course of a lifetime of fishing, most fisherman can recall many memorable and even strange fishing experiences that occurred over the years.