With another striped bass season close at hand, it’s time to rethink the way we go about targeting this valuable resource.
Not playing by the book may be the key to culling some bigger stripers while other casters are fixated on catching schoolies.
Some basic maintenance and a touch of TLC can have your tackle in tip top shape in time for the upcoming season.
As winter transforms to spring, ultralight tackle and small bodies of water become the field of play.
This easy, do-it-yourself winter project will provide you with a neat and efficient way to organize all those plugs that you can’t resist adding to your arsenal.
It used to be that shipboard gyrostabilizers were the exclusive domain of supersized yachts and sportfishers.
Gray FishTag Research, Navionics and The Fisherman Magazine are developing a satellite tagging study for striped bass with a forward looking objective to pioneer a new level of understanding about striped bass.
From crafting molds to blending unique custom colors, pouring soft plastics is a rewarding way to pass the winter months.
This vital piece of equipment provides an added measure of safety and efficiency to the surf game.
So you want to be like Mike and make it on the professional bass circuit?
Florida is a major destination for Northeast anglers looking to bend a rod on a host of inshore and offshore species from March through May.
When it comes to their action, mojos are more forgiving than spoons and will catch bass at a wider range of speeds than the spoons.
Here’s how you can modify plastic-lipped swimming plugs to bring your success in the surf to another level.
Here’s an economical way to build a good inventory of custom finished jig heads.
The latest stock assessment states that the stock is in a state of decline and it will continue to decline unless something is done to reverse that trend.
In This Issue:
- Snag & Drop Alternative for Success & Conservation
- Spring Surf: Little Neck Bay Cull
- Tackle Care: Pre-season Checklist
- Early Spring: Time to Think Small
- How-to: Plug Storage Rack
- Seakeeper 2.0 Anti-Roll Gyro
- Publishers’ Letter
- Pour Your Own: Making Soft Plastics
- Setting Up an Efficient Surf Belt
- Turning Pro: Go for Your Dreams
- Travel Log: Florida – More Than Just the Keys
- Spoons or Mojos? The “Big Game” Striper Combo
- Lip Service: Making Plugs Work for You
- How-to: Powder Paint Your Own Jigs
- Striped Bass Assessment Update